The following statement outlines our policy on how we manage your personal information. This policy is in accordance with the National Privacy Principles established by the Privacy Act 1988.
We will endeavour to ensure that information you submit to Zelda Recruitment is managed in accordance with this policy. Protecting your personal information is important to Zelda Recruitment.
What Personal Information do we hold?
The personal information that we collect and hold from you falls into the following categories:
- Information submitted and obtained from the Candidate and other sources in connection with applications for work;
- Work performance information;
- Information about incidents in the workplace;
- Employee information;
- Information submitted and obtained in relation to absences from work due to leave, illness or other causes;
- Information obtained to assist in managing client and business relationships;
- Results from competency or aptitude assessments; and
- Copies of Qualifications
Why do we hold Personal Information?
We primarily hold personal information for the following purposes:
- Placement operations – to help you to find a position;
- Recruitment - assistance in employment;
- Employee management – to enable consultants to assist with your employment requirements;
- Client and business relationship management;
- Marketing – to let you know of any upcoming events or possible job opportunities; and
- Private information.
Zelda Recruitment will obtain consent to collect, store, use and disclose personal information. If consent is not received from you then Zelda Recruitment will be unable to assist you with any recruitment needs.
Your information may be disclosed if it relates to the purposes listed above or for a related secondary purpose. Zelda recruitment does not disclose your personal information such as your address, contact phone number and email address to an outside party unless you have consented for us to do so or disclosure is required under law.
Your personal information is stored in a secure computer storage facility as well as paper-based files.
From time to time we may contact you to ensure the information we have is accurate and up-to-date. If there are any changes to your situation or contact details please ensure you inform Zelda Recruitment.
We will securely remove and destroy any details of you which are no longer needed for Zelda recruitment’s primary purpose.
Sensitive Information is considered to be information which details a persons’ political or religious views, medical details, ethnic origin, health or disability. Zelda Recruitment may from time to time need to collect certain types of sensitive information as part of the selection process, for example membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, criminal record, health or disability.
Access to your Personal Information
Subject to some exceptions that are set out in the National Privacy Principles, you can gain access to the personal information that we hold about you.
We will refuse access if it would interfere with the privacy rights of other persons or if it breaches any confidentiality that attaches to that information.
If you wish to obtain access to your personal information you should contact our Quality Manager and note the following:
- You will be asked to verify your identity; and
- We may also impose a moderate charge in providing access.
You should also anticipate that it may take a little time to process your application for access as there may be a need to retrieve information from storage and review information in order to determine what information may be provided.
Inquiries and Complaints
You can make further inquiries or complaints about our privacy policies to our Quality Manager whose contact details are:
|Phone:||07 3229 4999|
|Fax:||07 3229 0022|
|Post:||GPO BOX 3331, Brisbane, QLD 4001|
You can also make a complaint to the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner.